Problem installing on DSM

Problems or questions about Lights-Out on Synology DSM are answered here
Antworten
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Problem installing on DSM

Beitrag von milleron »

Installation failed using manual install because the installer failed to find a root SSL certificate. Of course the self-signed certificate from Synology.com is present and active (expiration date 2039).
I got Installation to complete by going to Package Center/Settings/General and checking Allow installation of packages published by: Synology Inc. and trusted publishers.

The installer actually included installing Mono, which must be done separately on macOS -- nice touch.

Lights-Out 3 then appeared in Package Manager within the Installed group. However, clicking Run, once again popped up the message, "Failed to run the package service. Copy_ssl: Failed to locate the root ssl certificate!"

It now has three valid root certificates, one from Synology, one from Green-IT and one from SynoCommunity, the host of Mono.

Restarting the NAS didn't help.

At this point, I'm requesting a suggestion on what to do next.
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

SOLVED

Beitrag von milleron »

Please excuse and disregard my original post. I wrote it before I discovered a page of instructions for installing on Synology. There is no link from the Green-IT Support pages, but I stumbled upon the link on the Download page. By following that very tedious process, I got Lights-Out 3 installed and working
Martin

Re: Problem installing on DSM

Beitrag von Martin »

Thanks for your feedback, will add a link on the support page.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten