PC will not sleep

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 1 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
heicron
Foren-Einsteiger

PC will not sleep

Beitrag von heicron »

Greetings,
I have the trial ver. of LO 1.6.1.2 installed on a Windows 10 (current ver.) PC which is my daily working computer, not a server in the normal sense. I am using LO simply to turn on this PC and one client at a specified time for backup. Backup software is installed on each PC to backup internally and an external drive, hence no dedicated server.
My problem is the PC (server) will not sleep or hibernate after the specified time.
I have reviewed the power options settings in the help file and adjusted as stated. Both PCs wake at the designated time and the (server) is set to save energy at a specific time, but it keeps running.
I ran a powercfg /request and only LO is listed.
What can be causing this?
Thank you
Martin

Re: PC will not sleep

Beitrag von Martin »

Please do not use 1.6! Version 1.6 is only available for existing users of Windows Home Server Version 1.

On Windows 10, please use Lights-Out 2.0.

Have you set-up a calendar entry or/and are you using a standard action? I recommend that you have a look at the blog series here:
https://www.green-it-software.com/5227/ ... p-by-step/

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
heicron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von heicron »

Martin,

Thank you for the reply.
(Have you set-up a calendar entry or/and are you using a standard action?) Yes, in calendar entry I have an end time and standby is checked. Under settings I first tried standby then hibernate. In checking these settings for this reply I changed the calendar end time setting to hibernate. I didn’t realize they were different. I’ll see if that makes a difference.
Before installing the 1.6 version I tried the current version on this computer. I have used LO before when I had WHS 1. I liked that interface and it suited my needs and just worked. After WHS was abandoned and that server was retired I just used another computer and WIN 8. I downloaded the latest 1.6 version some time ago but never implemented it. I didn’t care the new interface and login requirement so I uninstalled it and tried the 1.6.
If using v2 would solve the problem I’m willing to do that. I suppose that if tried to reinstall it now it would tell me the trial period has lapsed. If I can start a trial over again and work things out I am willing to purchase a license.
Thank you for your assistance.
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

Lights-Out 1.6 has only been tested with the very first Windows 10 release 1507 und is no longer supported on later versions. So it may work but I can't guarantee that it works as expected.
If your trial is gone, please send an email to support at green-it-software dot com and request a new trial.

A calendar entry is used to signal that the computer is active for that period of time. If there is other activity at the end time, this other activity may block the calendar end action. In that case the computer will never sleep unless you
- force the end action (which overwrites other activity)
or
- set-up a standard action which will jump in after the other activity has finished

See here for a discussion: https://www.green-it-software.com/help2 ... rview.html
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
heicron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von heicron »

I reinstalled V2 with extended license. I may have the sleep issue resolved. Now on to schedules, etc.

Thank you for your assistance.
Antworten