WSE2016 not starting Health/Notification/Management service automatically when awaked from sleep mode

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
PaulBiz
Foren-Einsteiger

WSE2016 not starting Health/Notification/Management service automatically when awaked from sleep mode

Beitrag von PaulBiz »

WSE2016 not starting Health/Notification/Management service automatically when awaked from sleep mode. All these services have startup type 'automatic'.
What can I do to fix this?
Alt: Acer easyStore H341unter WHS V1, Lights-Out V1.6, TFS2018
Neu: HPE ProLiant Gen10 X3421 unter WES2016, Lights-Out V2.5
TomM
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: WSE2016 not starting Health/Notification/Management service automatically when awaked from sleep mode

Beitrag von TomM »

No real answer but I did have that happen on one of my installs and others have reported similar issues. I wound up reinstalling on a new system and no issues so far.

You might look at the Essentials Tester tool to see if that may shed light on anything.

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/W ... s-556159c3

BTW - The snippy answer is that servers are never supposed to be in sleep mode or shutdown. Yes, I saw your post on the other forum and in a business environment that's probably the right answer. However a home environment is a completely different animal and the server is probably doing nothing 75% of the time.
Martin

Re: WSE2016 not starting Health/Notification/Management service automatically when awaked from sleep mode

Beitrag von Martin »

You can try to add the service to the services controlled by Lights-Out (settings->action tab).

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten