Cannot wake server

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
DrivenTemple
Foren-Einsteiger

Cannot wake server

Beitrag von DrivenTemple »

I am running WHS2011 on a server located in my garage. I am just backing up a W10 PC. Backups are working perfectly - the Server is in Hibernation during the day, Wakes up at midnight, wakes my PC and performs a backup and shuts down the PC before returning itself to hibernation. :) In the morning if I hover the mouse near the system tray 'LightBulb' icon a message tells me of a successful backup, but I cannot wake the server by this system tray icon. Magic Packet has been set on the network card.
DrivenTemple
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: Cannot wake server

Further information: Located in the Garage the server's network connection is via a switch and then fibre line (using cable to fibre converters at each end) When re-locating the server into the house the connection is just via the switch. I then have no problem waking up or sending into hibernation using the 'Light Bulb' icon on the system tray. :nw
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

This sounds like an issue with the fibre converter not transmitting a broadcast to the server (if it works inside the house).
I have no idea what I can do to make that work.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
DrivenTemple
Foren-Einsteiger

Thank you for your comment Martin. Sorry, only just spotted it. I have resorted to copper, It's only a 2 metre gap and I shall hope for no lightning!
Antworten