Power request issue

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
lendmeyourearz
Foren-Einsteiger

Power request issue

Beitrag von lendmeyourearz »

Hi,

Can you help please? I recently upgraded to v2 of lightsout. My system will not shut down according to the events on the calendar due to a veto from powerrequest. I do not understand how to change this? My server is now on 24/7 rather than shutting down as the calendar is setup to do.
Thank you for your help
Martin

Re: Power request issue

Beitrag von Martin »

Do you see an active away mode? Thne please read this first: https://www.green-it-software.com/6997/ ... ed-part-1/ (The section about Away mode).

If you only see power requests, you can deselect the power request monitor in settings.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
gcoupe
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von gcoupe »

I'm sorry, my brain is not large enough to understand what is going on here. I can't put my server into sleep mode - it keeps sending me the "Power requests from other software" message. Yet I don't have this setting checked in the Lights-Out settings. I tried setting it, but this also had no effect - I still get the power request veto message. How can I get the server to go into sleep mode? Thank you.
gcoupe
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von gcoupe »

OK, I think I've cracked it. I'm running Plex, and I discovered a setting for Away Mode hidden in the Advanced Settings of the Plex Media Server. Disabling that AND toggling the settings in Lights-Out back and forth seems to have got things to fall into place.
Antworten