2.5 client wont connect to 2012 essentials server

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
greglatiak
Foren-Einsteiger

2.5 client wont connect to 2012 essentials server

Beitrag von greglatiak »

Still having the same issue with 2.5 that I had with the 2.0 client. Have Windows 2012 Essentials server hosting my local domain. Windows 7 and 10 clients, all 'pro' version. Installed client on W7 and W10 using the server port address, downloaded installer, ran. Install dialog on W7 was different that W10 -- on W7 it asked to identify my server, connected and appears to be working nominally. On W10, after initial install failed due to RemoteRegistry service beig disabled, appeared to run to completion but never asked for which server. Opening the 'about' tab shows the correct server name, but client insists that server is offline. Also installed the lights out 2 console -- it connects and displays the other clients and server but not the current W10 machine. Removing and reinstall of the client application changes nothing. It still shows server offline even though the console application connects with no problem.

greg latiak
Martin

Re: 2.5 client wont connect to 2012 essentials server

Beitrag von Martin »

This may indicate a mismatch between Essentials connector and Lights-Out. Please verify that a computer listed in Dashboard has a working connector installed. On the other hand, if the computer is not connected to Essentials, verify that there is no (old) connector on the computer.

If all fails, then please open a ticket https://green-it-software.com/osticket and attach your server logs. Simply zip the whole folder c:\programdata\LightsOut2\Logs (via right click, send to compressed folder) and attach the archive to the ticket. If you do not see a folder c:\programdata, then open explorer options and enable "show hidden files and folders".

Next attach your client logs. Simply zip the whole folder c:\programdata\LightsOut2Client\Logs (via right click, send to compressed folder) and attach the archive to the ticket.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten