What does this macOS error message mean?

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

What does this macOS error message mean?

Beitrag von milleron »

Bild

I'm running L-O 2.0 (2.0.3.3562 on macOS Sierra (10.12.6).
As soon as the computer is booted this error message box pops up about every minute, no matter how many times I click "OK."
What is causing it? How can I get it to stop appearing over and over again. For now, it forces me to Quit Lights-Out 2
Dateianhänge
L-O ignored action.png
L-O ignored action.png (33.18 KiB) 10579 mal betrachtet
Martin

Re: What does this macOS error message mean?

Beitrag von Martin »

I have seen one other report like this but was never able to analyze the issue. Please open a ticket https://www.green-it-software.com/osticket/
Please attach your server logs. Simply zip the whole folder c:\programdata\LightsOut2\Logs (via right click, send to compressed folder) and attach the archive to the ticket. If you do not see a folder c:\programdata, then open explorer options and enable "show hidden files and folders".

Regards Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Ach . . . I cannot find my license number to open a ticket. I keep that information in the confirmation emails that vendors send, and the emails in that folder have somehow been deleted.
I have the .license file for Version 2, but that doesn't give me a license number.
I've used Lights-out almost ever since Microsoft introduced Home Server ten years ago through versions 1 and 2, but I cannot find the license number. How may I retrieve it?
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Ach . . . I cannot find my license number to open a ticket. I keep that information in the confirmation emails that vendors send, and the emails in that folder have somehow been deleted.
I have the .license file for Version 2, but that doesn't give me a license order number. I have the order number for version 1 but not for version 2; it's 424459965
I've used Lights-out almost ever since Microsoft introduced Home Server ten years ago through versions 1 and 2, but I cannot find the license order number. How may I retrieve it?

When I created the ticket, in the box for the order number, I inserted the word "pending."
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

No problem.
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Martin hat geschrieben: 6. Nov 2017, 14:38No problem.
I think you mean "no problem" with submitting the ticket without the order number, but how would I retrieve the order number for future use?

Also are you able to tell me whether my ticket was successfully submitted? I cannot tell because I'm logged into this forum automatically, but, at the axonet site, neither my user name nor email address are recognized. I cannot log in to check the status of the ticket I tried to submit a day or two ago.
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

Please click on "Extend or upgrade license" on the status page. Your order number is on the top in rectangular brackets [].
I do not see your ticket. Please create a ticket again. You need your email address to get access to the ticket later on. Or create an account which makes it a lot easier to manage your tickets.
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Thanks, Martin.
Order/License # located and one extra year of support ordered.
New ticket created #838022
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Resolution:

I didn't post further after our last discussion because the problem mysteriously vanished.
Then, seemingly with the upgrade from macOS 10.13.3 to 10.13.4, the error messages began popping up exactly every 60 seconds again.
This time, I noticed that the WHS 2011 machine wasn't recognizing any computers as being online, even though it could back them up and even though Lights-Out 2.5 correctly recognized all online computers as "online."
I also noted that as long as the strange error message was occurring, Lights-Out could not execute a "Suspend Server Now" command.

So, this time, I simply restarted the WHS computer. After it finished rebooting, the Lights-Out error messages were no longer present, AND Lights-Out could then successfully suspend the Server.

The problem is with WHS, not with Lights-Out. I do not know what causes it, but I now doubt that it had anything to do with the macOS upgrade which was probably just a coincidence. Importantly, I now know how to remedy it and get full functionality of Lights-Out back.

Thanks for your patience in advising me during this weird situation
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

Thanks for this piece of additional information.

Martin
Antworten