Two Servers

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
Oneclear
Foren-Einsteiger

Two Servers

Beitrag von Oneclear »

I have two servers running Plex, the main server contains my Media and is used everynight to stream to an Android TV. This is controlled by lights-out2 calendar on 17:00 off 23:00 thats it.
The secondary server a HP MICRO GEN8 is connected to a HDHOMERUN and is used to record the occasional Film or if there are three programs on at the same time I can use this to record the third one.
I then edit the recordings and transfer to the main server. I have installed lights-out2 on both servers. I have one client a local PC which has installed lights-out2 client and console.
I understand that I can control each server by each servers console, what I don't understand is the client side, I appear to only be able to control the first server I connected to. It's the theory behind running two servers with one client I need to know. What should I see on the runtime charts, should I be able to control both servers from the client. I have read the manual and looked at the blog.
The secondary server which only needs to be on when it's recording I am still trying to come to a good monitoring method.
Hope this makes some sense.
Frank
Martin

Re: Two Servers

Beitrag von Martin »

Hi Frank,
Sorry for my late reply, I've been on vacation the last two weeks.

A client is connected to (and controlled by) exactly one Server. This should be the primary server. You can automatically wake another machine (e.g. the secondary server) from the client by manually adding the MAC Address, see here https://www.green-it-software.com/help2 ... arted.html

Here are some ideas for a two servers setup:

- Use a calendar entry on the primary server to wake the secondary server or vice versa
- Use the resume action on the primary server to run a batch file which wakes the secondary server
- Monitor the primary server as network device from the secondary server. This results in a similar sleep behavior of both servers.
- Wake both servers at once from a client (see above).

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
HPLovecraft
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von HPLovecraft »

Hi Martin, I have a very similar situation, and immediately found this forum post. Please could you give a little more information about this:

"You can automatically wake another machine (e.g. the secondary server) from the client by manually adding the MAC Address, see here..."

I clicked through to the link but couldn't find the subject covered in any of the daily posts. Where is the MAC address of the second 'server' added so that I could wake it from a client?

Thankyou for any advice, as always.
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

Sorry, that was a wrong link.Please see here https://www.green-it-software.com/6631/ ... ase-2-0-1/
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten