Console won't start automatically, requires login confirmation.

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
Darconogan
Foren-Einsteiger

Console won't start automatically, requires login confirmation.

Beitrag von Darconogan »

The console will not start automatically when the computer starts it requires me to verify login information each time. It is not shitting off the computer.
Martin

Re: Console won't start automatically, requires login confirmation.

Beitrag von Martin »

These are three issues:
- The console does not start automatically. If you want to change this, add a link to the console.exe into the startup folder or create a scheduled task which runs on log on.
- The console requires a click on the login button: In an upcoming update I will add a check box to enable auto login for the selected server. Currently you have to click the button.
- Shutting of the computer: This is not done by the console itself, this is done by the Lights-Out service and does not require a running console. To give you some advice, please tell me what you want to achive and what settings you have altready tried.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Darconogan
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von Darconogan »

I was previously using WHS 2011 and moved to a Windows 10 Pro box as a "server". I currently have two monitored computers configured with the client "connector" software able to "see" the server. I changed the standard action to shutdown after 10 minutes and did confirm that it is functioning properly. I am unable to wake the server once it has been shutdown and was reading that Windows 8.1 and above does not support wake on LAN from an S5 state. Is that correct?
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

No that's not correct. You probably need a driver update for your network card (what are you using?).
For example the popular Realtek GBE chips support wake from shutdown.
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten