Lights Out Icon Missing

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
KenJen
Foren-Einsteiger

Lights Out Icon Missing

Beitrag von KenJen »

I have Lights Out installed on several computers with WHS2011 server working OK for a long time. Just recently, on one computer, the light bulb went out with an x. I tried rebooting server and client, Windows 10. I have tried running repair and doing an uninstall and reinstall on the client. Now the light bulb icon is no longer showing in the tray. The Windows 10 computer shows up in the WHS2011 client list but it does not show running. Other computers are functioning fine.

What do I need to do to get Lights Out running again on this computer? I think it might have something to so with credentials but I do not know how to fix the problem. The only thing I have not done is to uninstall Lights Out on the server. I can try that but I need to know if there might be some left over files that I need to remove.

Appreciate the help.
KenJen
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: Lights Out Icon Missing

Beitrag von KenJen »

Solved the problem.

I had to remove my computer from the WHS2011 computer list and delete the WHS2011 connector software from my Windows 10 PC.
I then changed my computer name, removed the Lights Out software and rebooted.
At that point, it was the usual steps to get a computer onto the server.
Install the WHS connector software, set up the computer, reboot ,install the Lights Out software, and reboot.

For some reason, the server connection database to client (sorry don't know technical term name must have got messed up.
Antworten