Two backup Providers ... Possible?

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
LanMan
Foren-Einsteiger

Two backup Providers ... Possible?

Beitrag von LanMan »

Hi folks,

I am running WHS 2011 to back up 6 computers to the WHS server every night using using LO 1.6.xxx. These backups occur between 12:00 AM and 5:00 AM.

But I also use Veeam Endpoint Backup Free to carry out a scheduled backup (using the built in Veeam scheduler) to run a a separate backup to a local USB drive every night at 10:00 PM. This provides insurance against server failure and provides portable disks I can take off site.

I am interested in applying LO 2.xx to this situation. The idea of centralizing backup management is attractive. Is it possible for LO2 to schedule and manage both the local Veeam back up and the WHS 2011 backup every night? Or are we limited to using either Veeam or WHS 2011 backup but not both?

Thanks!
Martin

Re: Two backup Providers ... Possible?

Beitrag von Martin »

Lights-Out 2 supports multiple Backup Providers but can control only one. If you already run a WHS backup, you can select Veeam as primary Backup Provider in Lights-Out 2 and control the backups via Lights-Out calendar or manually via tray app or console. Both backups are monitored and reported by Lights-Out. If you schedule the backup in Veaam it is still detected and seen by Lights-Out.
Currently it is not possible to schedule both backups in Lights-Out 2 calendar.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
LanMan
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: Two backup Providers ... Possible?

Beitrag von LanMan »

Thanks Martin. Much appreciated! Will give it a try.
Antworten