Error logging in

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
keefb
Foren-Einsteiger

Error logging in

Beitrag von keefb »

I have been using Lights Out 2 on Server Essentials 2016, current Version 1607 build 19493.5501 since 2017 without any problems. I have a licence file. I updated to 2.5.5.3952 way back & all was well. At the end of October I saw that Lights Out had stopped working. When I open the console I get a logon error "An error occurred while sending the request. The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occurred on a send."

I have tried using the admin account as well as the system account. I have uninstalled & deleted all files in program data as well as all registry keys that include "axonet". Reinstalling makes no difference. Same login error.

Is this a Windows update issue? Will I be forced to upgrade to V3?
Martin

Re: Error logging in

Beitrag von Martin »

Hi,

You should run the Lights-Out SLL wizard on the server. The old certificate probably expired. Version 2 does not handle that automatically.
Version 3 tried to update expired certificates automatically.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
PaulCrowther
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: Error logging in

Beitrag von PaulCrowther »

Wow.
I've been using Lights-Out for many years without any issues, but just came across the same issue as the original poster.
Very impressed it took less than a minute to find the answer here.
Antworten