Diskussionen rund um Windows Server 2016 Essentials
Antworten
TomM
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von TomM »

I installed the WSE 2016 connector followed by the Lights-Out 2.5 client and the client thinks the server is offline on just this one computer.

I followed the same procedure on multiple computers, both W10 & W7, and everything went smoothly with both WSE and Lights-Out seeing the computers. Only running into trouble with Lights-Out not seeing things on the one system, so the process seems to be OK. All of the computers were fully updated prior to the installation of the connector and Lights-Out client. I have tried uninstalling the Lights-Out client and connector and reinstalling with the same results.

Just to clarify, the computer shows up in the Lights-Out list of computers but it doesn't see the IP address, Backup Provider or that the client is installed but WSE does see that it's either online or offline.
Zuletzt geändert von TomM am 2. Dez 2018, 03:56, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TomM
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von TomM »

I was finally able to resolve this though I don't know what caused the original occurrence.

The solution, at least in my case, was to detach the client from the server and reconnect it. Doing this immediately got things working according the the WSE dashboard.
Antworten