Setup Questions

Problems or questions about Lights-Out on Synology DSM are answered here
Antworten
trent066
Foren-Einsteiger

Setup Questions

Beitrag von trent066 »

I am currently using 2.5 and use a Windows 10 PC as the "server" that is always powered on to manage my systems at home. I also use the mobile app. It works great. I wanted to get away from having my Windows 10 PC constantly powered on so I recently purchased a Synology NAS. I see that I can install Lights Out 3 on the NAS but it seems like a cumbersome setup. The documents state that I have to install the management console on a Windows machine. So I cant manage my settings and clients from the NAS? What about the mobile app, can that connect to the NAS so I can manage my systems or do I have to connect to the Windows machine? Does that mean I have to have this Windows machine powered on constantly? Thanks for your time and support in the past.
Martin

Re: Setup Questions

Beitrag von Martin »

The cumbersome installation will be addressed in release 3.5 which is just around the corner. Then you only have to install Mono and Lights-Out without further configuration on the server.

Yes, you have to install the management console on a Windows 10 machine. The Windows machine does not have to be power on. Only if you want to make same changes or verify some settings In Lights-Out.
A web based UI is planned for Lights-Out 4 but that's far away.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten