Windows 10 Client backup failing on SBS 2011 Essentials domain

Problems or questions about Lights-Out on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
escrime
Foren-Einsteiger

Windows 10 Client backup failing on SBS 2011 Essentials domain

Beitrag von escrime »

I have one Windows 10 client on my SBS 2011 domain that has been repeatedly failing to complete backups. Lights-Out is configured to use the WHS 2011/Essentials backup.

When I try a manual backup from the SBS dashboard it fails around 10%. The backup details reports that the information on the drive cannot be read and that I should run chkdsk.exe. I have done this numerous times, including from the shell: chkdsk C; /f /r /x but this makes no difference. When I check event viewer on the client no drive errors are reported. I have also run the drive manufacturer's diagnostic tool that reports the drive is healthy.

I have removed and reinstalled the Windows SBS connector but the problem remains. The one thing I do notice is that I cannot run the SBS launchpad for some reason.

I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience and can help me resolve this. The client PC is not used very often, but I would like to know it is backed up.

Regards,

Andrew
Martin

Re: Windows 10 Client backup failing on SBS 2011 Essentials domain

Beitrag von Martin »

Hi Andrew,

wich drive/partition is failing? The event log should tell you this. Then it may be necessary to boot into "Safe Mode with Command Prompt". See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... 1af602b617. From there do a chkdsk on all partitions.

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
escrime
Foren-Einsteiger

Re: Windows 10 Client backup failing on SBS 2011 Essentials domain

Beitrag von escrime »

Hi Martin,

Thanks. Sorry, I didn't get a notification of your reply.

I will check, but there is only one partition I think.

Andrew
Antworten