Problem during backup with 2nd computer

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
Wolfgang28
Foren-Einsteiger

Problem during backup with 2nd computer

Beitrag von Wolfgang28 »

Hi Martin,

Lights-Out 2 monitors two computers. They're both running Windows 10 and both use Acronis True Image 17 for their backup. Both initially joined the server the same day and both have the same version of LO2 for the client. Both follow the same schedule for their 3 times a week backup. LO2 will run the first computer backup and finish with no problem. It will not start or run the second computer backup unless I start it manually from the pc. Also, the LO2 will put the server to sleep before the backup has finished. I have to prevent the server from going to sleep to allow for the backup to finish. The incremental backup does not take any longer than the backup for the first pc, about 10-15 minutes. The server is set to run the backups within a 2 hour window. Finally, on the Computers tab in the console, the second pc has a question mark in the Last Backup column next to the date and a triangle in the Next Backup column next to the date. Why is LO2 on the server not running the backup automatically?
Martin

Re: Problem during backup with 2nd computer

Beitrag von Martin »

The question mark indicates, that the Lights-Out software on the second client is either missing or not connected to the server. Please verify that the software is installed. Then reconnect the client to the server using this method https://www.green-it-software.com/help2 ... uters.html

Regards
Martin
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Wolfgang28
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von Wolfgang28 »

Martin,
I followed your instructions but nothing changed. I verified the software is installed in Control Panel. The Server Discovery screen shows a checkmark after clicking the Connect button. The checkmark is still there as I type this response. On the Computers tab the question mark and triangle are still there.
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

Wolfgang,

please open a ticket http://green-it-software.com/osticket/ and attach your client logs. Simply zip the whole folder c:\programdata\LightsOut2Client\Logs (via right click, send to compressed folder) and attach the archive to the ticket. If you do not see a folder c:\programdata, then open explorer options and enable "show hidden files and folders".
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
Antworten