"Suspend Server Now" on macOS client

Problems or questions about Lights-Out 2 on all Windows platforms are answered here
Antworten
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

"Suspend Server Now" on macOS client

Beitrag von milleron »

"Suspend Server Now" is greyed out on my macOS client (latest version installed). Is this normal? Even when the Server is not performing a backup on itself, the option to "Suspend Server Now" remains grayed out in my Lights-Out 2 Client. This seems to be a change from previous behavior, but I don't know if it's a "feature" or a "bug."

(I previously went through some confusing troubleshooting, and at one point actually found all the Lights-Out tabs in Dashboard void of all entries and data, but those steps have been edited out for simplicity.)

EDIT: I located the Lights-Out 2 service on the WHS, stopped it, restarted it, waited a few minutes, and the Lights-Out tabs all became fully populated with data again.
However, the "Suspend Server Now" functionality is still greyed out in the macOS Lights-Out Client.
Why?
Martin

Re: "Suspend Server Now" on macOS client

Beitrag von Martin »

You have to enable this action in the device properties:
https://www.green-it-software.com/help2 ... rties.html
Item 7
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Thanks! It was working fine. Then I disabled monitoring on the Mac. The ability to "Suspend Server Now" was gone. I re-enabled monitoring thinking it was nothing more than that which greyed out the "Suspend Server" function, but it remained grayed out. Now I know what is going on. Thanks so much.
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

By the way, it allows me to control the Server's Shutdown even when not having the Mac monitored, which is what I was trying to achieve in the first place. Thanks again!
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Another problem, possibly related to this one has occurred.
I do not manage my iMac with Lights Out. I do not want it to be monitored because, as I do not back up the iMac to the WHS, I don't want it to keep the WHS running when the Mac is running. However, I keep the client running because I use it to "wake server now" and "suspend server now" as needed for accessing files on it.
However, when a Windows PC on the network is online, the Lights-Out client on the iMac starts to send a flurry of error messages that say:

"Lights-out ignored action Save energy. Veto from Backup."

When I close this message box, another pops up within seconds, forcing me to close the Lights-Out client on the Mac whenever a Windows PC is running.

I've tried placing the iMac in the "Managed" and "Unmanaged" category. I've tried having it monitored and with monitoring disabled, but none of these changes stop the inappropriate error messages from coming up forever when a Windows PC is online.
Martin

Beitrag von Martin »

"Lights-out ignored action Save energy. Veto from Backup." This message is sent by the server if you manually click on save energy on a windows pc and a backup is currently running. Are you doing this action?
You should see this also on each windows pc, do you?

If you do not click on save energy, then we have to analyse the server logs to detect the source for this message. In that case, please open a ticket here http://green-it-software.com/osticket/
Essentials 2016 unter Windows Server 2022 auf HP Microserver Gen 8.
Entwickler von Lights-Out
milleron
Foren-Einsteiger

Beitrag von milleron »

Absolutely not. I am Not clicking "Save Energy Now" on any Windows PC. The error message from the WHS does NOT appear on the Windows PC (which is a virtual machine running on the Mac via Parallels Desktop).

I will open the ticket.

Thanks.
Antworten